Monday, February 2, 2009

Fabric ...fabric...fabric...

It seems like a long time since we've posted a Bolt Talk...but I can tell you, we've been in a whirl-wind at WebFabrics! We've been trying to get Carly set for the Hampton show in late February, make bundles for Dena Crain's "That Darned Quilt" classes and Carly's gorgeous Batik Bundles.

That doesn't even take into account the fabric lines that have come in..Twiggy from Moda which has such lovely colors...the very classic Cambridge Square from Northcott...that and Brown Bear sold out almost before we had finished cutting it for kits and bundles! I also have been looking closely at Earth Spirit...a really unique set of fabrics. It is so hard to keep up!

I have been enjoying my free time. With all the holidays over with and weather thankfully keeping me inside near my cutting board and sewing machine, I've been having some lovely guilt-free sewing days! I have 5 quilt-tops done and started playing with printing on organza and transferring my photos to fabric for some fun and different art quilts. And the endless hours going through my quilt books and "re-organizing" my stash...what fun!

What have you all been up to? With more time for "Me", as Carly calls it...February is fast becoming my favorite month! Send us a photo or just a description of how you sew away the Winter blues (or the Summer heat, Aussie friends!)

As ever,

Kerry

No comments: