Tuesday, February 10, 2009

News from Carly!

Hi Kerry and Bolt Talk readers,

Greetings from India!

I’ve been spending all day long looking at fabrics in Bangalore, India. Today, I visited with my fabric guide, Vassanthi the Khadi India Market 2009, a place filled with fabrics made in India. Everything related to fabrics was there. It was so wonderful and so new. In India, quilts are hardly known. As a matter of fact, cottons are not that important. Silk is the fabric of the country. I have admired all the design and colors, but can’t help to love cottons better! I was able to discover 4 all handmade Indian quilts: one of them is a quilt block in silks, very hard to find. The other three are cotton quilts with a very local flavor. I took some pictures for a later show and tell as I don’t have all the necessary cables!

So more will follow later…


No comments: